Thankful For You!
KEVIN DEYOUNG OBSERVES that “if you read the introductions to his letters carefully, you’ll find that Paul’s gratitude can be divided into six categories. As I reflect on these six causes for gratitude, I can’t help but think of you – WEFC!
- He was thankful for their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. “We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus.” (Colossians 1:3-4) I too am grateful for the vibrant faith in Jesus that has been at the core of WEFC since 1888.
- He was thankful for their love for all the saints. “We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, since we heard…of the love that you have for all the saints.” (Colossians 1:4) I am grateful for the deepening sense of community in our church and for the way you love each another.
- He was thankful for their steadfastness, especially in trial. “We give thanks to God always for all of you…remembering before our God and Father your…steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” I am inspired by the many testimonies of steadfast faith in the midst of difficulty and trial. Thank you for your living example.
- He was thankful for their spiritual gifts. “I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus…so that you are not lacking in any gift.” (1 Corinthians 1:4-7) We too are blessed with a variety of gifts as we serve one another. I am thankful for your faithful service to the body at WEFC.
- He was thankful for their partnership in the gospel. “I thank my God in all remembrance of you…because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.” I am grateful for our collective witness and partnership in the gospel and for your desire to see the kingdom of God expand through the ministry of WEFC.
- He was thankful for their history and mutual affection. “I thank my God whom I serve…I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice.” I am so grateful to know and be part of the stories of faith that are being written in our church family.
The bottom line is this. I am thankful to God for YOU!
Login/Register to leave comment