Did You Miss the Recent Congregational Meeting?
On Thursday, April 20, we held our quarterly congregational meeting. The following recommendations were approved by the congregation.
The following people were approved for church membership and will be officially welcomed into the church on Sunday, May 7. Dan Henck, Heather Henck, Paul Malmrose, Marina Pomales and Flavio Revatta.
Election of Officers:
The following people were approved to serve in various leadership roles starting in July, 2017.
- Church Chair: Steve Keller
- Deacons: Ned Cornwall, John Rascius, Dale Reese, Daryl Ostegren
- Board Member At-Large: Don Jensen
- Trustee: Gerry Gingras
- Missions Committee: Dave Gough, Dan Jensen
- Nominating Committee: Jennie Hardy, Alisa Reese
- Auditors: Ray Damdar, Mike Kooken
- Director of Worship: Colleen Smith
- Nursery School Committee: Kirsten Trumbull, Matt Durbois, Cathryn Hucks
Expansion Fund Proposal:
The motion to release up to $400,000 from the Expansion Fund to complete the Capital Improvement plan for the church properties was approved. The plan includes cleaning up our landscaping and property lines, replacing the roof on the church building, replacing the sanctuary windows, renovating the bathrooms adjacent to Fellowship Hall, renovating the house at 543 Maple Street and some upgrades for the house at 495 Maple Street.
The projects will run from May to September. The renovation of 543 Maple Street is being done in order to begin a residency program for interns and potential church planters.